Thursday, August 24, 2006

Photography resource 2

Anybody interested in taking a photography workshop with National Geographic? You can find out more here. These guys are still into film SLR and by the looks of it you probably need to be a veteran photographer to join one of these workshops, besides being costly for me ( my choice workshop to Venice would set me back by about US$4,000+ and that does not include a return airfare home). So I think I will stick with experimenting through trial and error for now (by understanding and applying the fundamentals of course).

Speaking of fundamentals, came across another site on photography by Sean McHugh. Quite a technical site and very resourceful on the fundamentals of photography. You can see his tutorials here. His gallery of images taken around Cambridge is quite spectacular too (he uses these compositions to illustrate certain techniques. You can view his gallery here. Well, now there is quite bundle of information that I have garnered, all I need now is the actual camera (and the accessories) to put all these theories to practice...........

Just in:

Another reason to wait for me is the news of Canon's 350D successor: the 400D. Slated to be released in September in Europe and America, I hope it hits our(my) shores around then too. This supposedly the first in Canon's line to introduce the EOS self cleaning system. You can check it out at Canon's site, dpreview or CNETasia. Or just google it!

5 comments:

小頑童@nottyboy said...

really useful resource...

Anonymous said...

glad to share the reference with you, yong .... :)

Anonymous said...

i think is useful resource.... though, i dun really understand detail about a good camera :) haha... so nowadays, u, beng, yong, fox are a gang rite? :P

azer said...

yes mimi, u wanna join?? :P...

P/S: u forgot james.. so its me, beng, yong, fox, james, and mimi .. :)

Anonymous said...

mimi "sek siew siew, ban doi biew"...
cause i also don't very tau, muahahaha